This post is also available in: Italian
Here at Glam Observer, we want to help you to find your place in the fashion industry. By sharing career tips and fashion professionals interviews we explain how does this industry work. So if you’re reading this blog and this post means that you’re interested in working in fashion in the future, at the moment or do you want to switch your career.
That’s why I think it would have been useful to select the best fashion internships and list them for you. I have personally selected them carefully choosing those that seem the most interesting.
Find below 5 Fashion Internships in London and New York. I have selected also the best in Milan so if you want to work in Italy you should read the Italian version of this post.
Are magazines your passion? This is your chance to join the Hearst Digital Media Team! This full-time position is based in the Cosmopolitan.com office in New York City and reports to the senior social media editor.
These are the responsibilities:
- Craft social media-friendly headlines and schedule new content to be published across social channels with a strong sense of what works on each platform
- Follow what’s trending and share news as it happens with relevant editors
- Pitch and execute regular ideas for social video content
- Help editors with headlines with a focus on viral and sharable content
- Monitor analytics constantly and adjust the social lineup as needed
- Benchmark and replicate social successes
- Inform edit team on social best practices and new strategies
- Be available for social support as needed (this is not a 9-5 job!) and specifically for weekend events (i.e., awards shows)
If you want to start gaining a bit of experience in Marketing and Branding this is a really interesting role.
– Assisting with creation of reports and conducting competitive analysis
– Scheduling social media calendar
– Preparing artwork for digital marketing
– Assistance with research of digital marketing trends and best practices
– Developing creative assets
– Overall support with all production needs
– Administration support across marketing and branding departments
– Assisting on photoshoots
– Creation of style guides
Working on a specific product area, you will gain hands-on experience with essential knowledge that will help kick-start your Buying career
Reporting to the Buyer, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Buying Team
- Manage the critical path and ensure key dates are met, highlighting any issues to the team
- Process orders
- Maintain the sample library and ensure sample room is organised and tidy at all times
- Produce and maintain accurate ledger cards
- Work closely with the Merchandising Team
- Build strong relationships with Suppliers, Press, E-Commerce etc
- Conduct regular competitive shops to develop your knowledge and report findings back to team
- Prepare range rails for meetings
- Prepare and maintain all paperwork and products for fit meetings
This is your starting point if you want to become a Fashion Photographer
Your main area of focus will be to support and assist Photographers across all studios for set up and set changes and maintaining all Photography administrative duties.
- Assisting the model studios with any photography related issues helping to resolve them quickly and smoothly
- Supporting the Model Photography Lead and Photography Team in the management of all studio kit and equipment
- Managing daily log of all photographic equipment and stock, and ensuring equipment is stored securely
- Own all photography kit maintenance including equipment rentals, repairs, servicing and new purchases
- Building and maintaining close relationships with suppliers
- Regularly reviewing the schedule and notifying photographers of any set changes
- Scheduling staff portraits/group shots
- Co-ordinating studio external set cleans and maintenance
- Reviewing the model end-of-day previews and QC for photography related issues/errors, and providing feedback when necessary
- Supporting the Model Booking team with castings, feeding back where necessary
- Conducting competitor reviews alongside the Model Photography Lead, regarding background/Colorama, lighting, pose, mood, look and feel
- Collaborating with the Studio Management and Studio teams on ad-hoc projects, including head shots, competitions and creative brief
Fashion Design Intern Jill Stuart International New York City
This is a part-time position to gain a bit of experience in Fashion and school credit.
You will assist design team and work closely with the assistant designer and design director, swatch/ find trims and fabrics, take photos of dresses, assist in maintaining fabric library
What do you think about? Which positions are the most interesting for you?
Leave us your comments so we will be able to help you to find your perfect job and also by taking this survey (less than 2 minutes) you can help us to understand what you want to read on GlamObserver