ASOS the most famous fashion e-commerce among the twenty-somethings was founded in 2000 and its profits has grown from £1.7m to £63.7m and with active customers that hit 12.4m in 2016.
The product offer is a combination of their own-label and a selection of famous third party brands. On Asos 4000 new styles are launched each week and it currenlty stocks over 85.000 product lines.
Asos is my favorite place to shop, I do truly prefer online shopping more than retails and I always choose Asos (this is not a sponsored post) because there is a huge selection of clothing. On Asos I buy from the everyday clothes and shoes to dresses for special occasions like parties and weddings.
Are you curios to know how and when our favorite online fashion store was founded? Let’s find it out together
- 2000 in June Nick Robertson and Quentin Griffiths founded Asos, that iniatially was called As seen on Screen
- 2001: Asos floats at 20p a share on London’s Aim valuing the company at £12m
- 2003-2004 was named ASOS, was the first year in profit for the e-commerce and Asos’ first own-label collection for women was introduced
- 2005 Asos hit 1m unique visitors for the first time, Asos Beauty is launched. In December a fuel explosion of their only warehouse stopped the business for 6 months
- 2006 Launch of Catwalk : the video that shows the clothing in a unique way. Big brands join Asos.com
- 2007: New Headquarter in Camden, Asos’ own-label for men was introduced, Asos magazines launched.
- 2008: retail sales jumped 90% and profits leapt 177%. Asos Oulet opened selling last season’s brands discounted
- 2009: hig-end labels launched on Asos. The service Asos Premier was launched offering unlimited free next-day delivery. Asos Maternity and Asos Black labels hit the market
- 2010: Free shipping on all UK orders. Asos France, Germany and USA were launched. The mobile version was launched
- 2011: Asos Australia, Italy and Spanish went live. Asos iphone and ipad apps were launched
- 2012: Asos took over as the number one most visited fashion website in the world. An office in Sydney was opened
- 2013: open international offices in NY, Lille (france), Berlin and Shangai. The Chinese site was launched.
- 2014: Launch of local mobile apps in Germany and France. Opening of the first European warehouse in Berlin
- 2015: next-day delivery in UK
- 2016: Free returns extended to the whole of EU
This is my current wishlist :
What do you think about? Is there some brands that you would like to discover the story? Leave me your comments below 🙂